How GlobalGiving Works
GlobalGiving connects you to over 1,000 pre-screened grassroots charity projects around the world. It’s an efficient, transparent way to make an impact with your giving.
Connecting Donors to Doers
GlobalGiving begins with the dedicated, tenacious individuals who are driving change in their communities. From running orphanages and schools, to helping survivors of natural disasters, these people are do-gooders to the core. We connect these “good idea people” with the “generous giver people” and help projects of all sizes receive donations of all sizes.
Here’s How the Process Works
- Project Leaders post their causes and details about what they need on GlobalGiving.org – giving you an inside look at the project’s unique needs and work being done.
- You browse the website, research causes by topic or location, and pick the one that matches your interests and passions.
- You make a tax-deductible donation and we combine your giving with other generous folks doing the same thing.
- We ensure that at least 85% of your donation is on-the-ground within 60 days and has an immediate impact. Donors have the option to cover GlobalGiving’s 15% fee, in which case, 100% of the donation goes directly to the project.
- You get regular updates telling you what a difference your gift is making and the results that have been achieved.
- If you’re not satisfied with your donation for any reason, the GlobalGiving Guarantee provides you with your money back in the form of a voucher for the amount of your original donation. Learn more about the GlobalGiving Guarantee.
How Can I List a Project on GlobalGiving?
To list a project on GlobalGiving, you can participate in one of our “Open Challenges”. Open Challenges are an opportunity for organizations around the globe to raise funds for their projects and have the chance to become long term members of the GlobalGiving Community. To participate in the next Global Open Challenge (for projects outside the US) or American Open Challenge (for projects in the US), please complete the following form: Nomination Form. You may nominate your own project OR recommend another project you think is doing great work.
Ready to give? Good for you.
Find a project and choose your way to change the world.